Moments depicting devotion of the adherents of different religious faiths of the global community. These creations should be of high photographic value.
Nature of the Competition
- The contest consists of four sections:
A – Open Section: Images (photographs) taken using traditional cameras (No age limit)
B – Student section for School level: Images (photographs) taken using traditional cameras
C – Students in Higher Education Institutes (Universities, Technical Colleges, Vocational Training Institutes etc.):
Images (photographs) taken using traditional cameras
D – Photographs (Images) taken using mobile phone cameras (No age limit)
Rules for the Entries
- Entry to the competition is free of charge.
- Colour or Monochrome photographs relevant to the theme can be submitted.
- With the desire of seeing more and more new photographs are born in this photography field, any photograph, which won at a photography contest or exhibited previously, will not be accepted.
- The maximum number of photographs a person could submit for the competition for a section is seven. The applicant can submit up to 7 for Section A or Section B or Section C or and up to 7 for Section D.
- The organizers will print the selected photographs for the exhibition.
- Photographs up to a maximum number of 300 will be selected for the exhibition.
Image Submission Conditions:
- Photographs will be accepted through “www. shraddhaseya.org” website.
- Submissions must be in digital format only.
- For all categories, digital files must be submitted as JPEG format.
- at 1920 pixels along the longest dimension with 300 dpi resolution and save at level 8 or upper level.
- No borders, watermarks or signatures should be included.
- Images should be no smaller than 500KB and no larger than 5MB.
- Entrants whose work has been shortlisted will be required to provide the high-quality images(technical details will be informed).
- Pictures must not show the name of the photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself).
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted:
-Multiple exposures, polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth).
-Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
-The content of a picture must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame.
There are three exceptions:
(i) Digital adjustments including tone and contrast, burning, dodging, Colour adjustments, cropping, sharpening, noise reduction is permitted;
(ii) Removing sensor dust or scratches on scans of negatives is permitted.
(iii) Converting to monochrome is permitted.
Evaluation of photographs
The selected photographs to be exhibited will be evaluated by a selection panel. The relevant winners will be informed before the commencement of the exhibition.
Calling for Entries
1st January 2018
Closing for Entries
31st July 2018
Awarding the Prizes & Opening of the Exhibition at Colombo
Depending on the availability of the venues
Prizes and certificates
Prizes and certificates will be awarded to each section (A, B, C & D) separately.
- 1st place
Gold Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 100,000.00
- 2nd Place
Silver Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 75,000.00
- 3rd Place
Bronze Medal, Trophy, Certificate, Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 50,000.00
- Commendation certificates and Gift Vouchers worth of Rs. 10,000.00 from 4th place to 13th place
- Certificates will be awarded for all the photographs selected for the exhibition.
Note: All gift vouchers are in Sri Lankan Rupees.
Ownership of the Photographs
The organizers have the permission to utilize the photographs that were selected for the exhibition, for the purpose of advertising. The owners are also at liberty to utilize the winning or selected photographs for private as well as commercial activities, subjected to mentioning that they won prizes or were selected for the Exhibition.